One out of five children is born with a developmental disability. Although the needs of each child vary, the needs of their caregivers are much the same. Regularly, they express feeling alone, under scrutiny by professional, and emotionally exhausted. Many families we support consist of single parents of low socio-economic status. It is only with your help that we can support parents whose insurance does not cover out, or other, needed services in the community. Our direct staff provide parents with a peer connection, first and foremost, and help parents find the strength the advocate for themselves to access needed services for their family.
More and more support services are disappearing, leaving these families to struggles on their own. It is impossible to put a price on the emotional support that Parent to Parent is able to provide caregivers, but here are a few examples of how your investment will directly impact families in your community.
- An ENDOWMENT gift of $1000 ($84 monthly) would provide sustainability and impact for years to come
- A COMMUNITY gift of $500 ($42 monthly) would sponsor two community awareness and inclusion programs, allowing us to reach more families and partners
- An OUTING gift of $250 ($22 monthly) would sponsor one, cost and judgement free, social event for families
- A CONNECTION gift of $120 ($10 monthly) would sponsor two Parent Mentor Matches
- A one time gift of $50 would provide four families with Thanksgiving Baskets
- A one time gift of $25 would provide new resources and educational materials to families
To set up a monthly donation, please contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-350-2750
Looking for other ways to support us?
- Follow us on Facebook!
- Help spread the word about our fundraisers and events
- Tell a friend, co-worker, or professional in your network about our services
You've already made so much possible. Last year, with your help, we were able to:
Offer all services to families free of charge
Connect 31 new families to a Family Support Partner
Connect 59 parents to a Parent Mentor
Support 848 parents in Bronson's NICU
Help 509 individuals find other needed services in the community
Host 24 support group meetings
Hold 10 family-fun social events
Provide Thanksgiving baskets to 43 families
Provide 4 sibshop days
Provide 8 community training events
Train 34 new Parent Mentors
Give out 2 camp scholarships
Check out the video below to see our accomplishments from the previous year!